Siwanoy Country Club logo

Member Login

Siwanoy Country Club

Siwanoy Country Club

Siwanoy Country Club

Siwanoy Country Club

Siwanoy Country Club

Siwanoy Country Club

 

The Facts

In the latter part of 1900, the idea of forming a golf and country club originated with a small group of about 18 men golfers when it became generally known that there was a possibility of procuring the “Glover Estate, Corcoran Manor” property for creating a golf course. The “Glover Estate” property was located along White Plains Road at about Columbus and Lincoln Avenues in the northern part of the City of Mount Vernon and was later known as “Bailey Park.” A lease of this Glover property was procured by this group and steps were taken immediately to organize and incorporate a golfing country club. The old Glover Mansion was converted into a Club house.